Selection of Bills Committee - Report 13 for 2006
Members of the Committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Nigel Scullion (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Stephen Parry
Senator Ruth Webber
Selection of Bills Committee: Report No. 13 of 2006
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 7 November 2006 at 4.21 pm .
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Commonwealth Radioactive Waste Management Legislation Amendment Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Employment, Workplace Relations and Education Committee for inquiry and report, but was unable to reach agreement on a reporting date (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral) ; and
- the provisions of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Bill 2006 and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 28 November 2006 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral) .
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bill s not be referred to committees:
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission Amendment (Audit Inspection) Bill 2006
- Customs Legislation Amendment ( New Zealand Rules of Origin) Bill 2006
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Appropriate Review) Bill 2006
- Telecommunications Amendment (Integrated Public Number Database) Bill 2006.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Tax Laws Amendment (2006 Measures No. 6) Bill 2006.
8 November 2006
Attachments and amendments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.
Back to top