Selection of Bills Committee - Report 11 for 2006
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Nigel Scullion (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Stephen Parry
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
Phone: 6277 3020
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 11 OF 2006
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 at 4.18 pm .
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (2006 Budget Measures) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 22 November 2006 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral) ;
- the provisions of the Australian Participants in British Nuclear Tests (Treatment) Bill 2006 and the Australian Participants in British Nuclear Tests (Treatment) (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee for inquiry and report by 7 November 2006 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral) ; and
- upon its introduction in the House of Representatives the provisions of the Environment and Heritage Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2006 be referred to the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Committee for inquiry and report by 17 November 2006 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Financial Sector Legislation Amendment (Trans-Tasman Banking Supervision) Bill 2006
- Judiciary Legislation Amendment Bill 2006
- Law and Justice Legislation Amendment (Marking of Plastic Explosives) Bill 2006
- Medical Indemnity Legislation Amendment Bill 2006
- Social Security (Helping Pensioners Hit by the Skills Shortage) Bill 2006.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Migration Amendment (Border Integrity) Bill 2006.
11 October 2006
Back to top