Selection of Bills Committee - Report 8 for 2006
Members of the committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Nigel Scullion (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Alan Eggleston
Senator the Hon Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 15 August 2006 at 4.19 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend - That -
(a) the provisions of the Tax Laws Amendment (2006 Measures No. 4) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 31 August 2006 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
(b) the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation Amendment Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Foreign Affairs Defence and Trade Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 September 2006 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- International Tax Agreements Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2006
- Tax Laws Amendment (Repeal of Inoperative Provisions) Bill 2006.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Environment and Heritage Legislation Amendment (Antarctic Seals and Other Measures) Bill 2006.
16 August 2006
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.
Back to top