Selection of Bills Committee - Report 6 for 2005
Members of the Committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Julian McGauran (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Alan Eggleston
Senator the Hon C Ellison
Senator Joseph Ludwig
Senator R Webber
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 21 June 2005 at 420 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the National Animal Welfare Bill 2005 to be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 10 November 2005 (see appendix 1 for statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Tax Laws Amendment (2005 Measures No. 2) Bill 2005 to be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 10 August 2005 (see appendix 2 for statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Asbestos-related Claims (Management of Commonwealth Liabilities) Bill 2005
- Asbestos-related Claims (Management of Commonwealth Liabilities) (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2005
- Corporations Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2005
- Medical Indemnity (Competitive Advantage Payment) Bill 2005
- Medical Indemnity Legislation Amendment (Competitive Neutrality) Bill 2005
- Migration Amendment (Act of Compassion) Bill 2005
- Migration Amendment (Mandatory Detention) Bill 2005.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to the next meeting:
Bill deferred from meeting of 8 February 2005
- Trade Practices Amendment (Personal Injuries and Death) Bill 2004.
22 June 2005
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.
The amendments made in the chamber are available here
Back to top