House Standing Committee on Health and Ageing
Inquiry into Adult Dental Services in Australia
Terms of Reference
The National Partnership Agreement (NPA) for adult public dental services is a significant component of the Australian Government’s Dental Care Reform Package. Under the NPA, from 1 July 2014, the Australian Government will provide funding to state and territory governments to expand services for adults in the public dental system.
To identify priorities and inform the NPA such that it can be framed to meet the particular and localised needs of each state and territory, the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Health and Ageing will inquire into and report on the provision of adult dental services.
Specifically, the Committee will consider:
- demand for dental services across Australia and issues associated with waiting lists;
- the mix and coverage of dental services supported by state and territory governments, and the Australian Government;
- availability and affordability of dental services for people with special dental health needs;
- availability and affordability of dental services for people living in metropolitan, regional, rural and remote locations;
- the coordination of dental services between the two tiers of government and with privately funded dental services; and
- workforce issues relevant to the provision of dental services.
Back to top