House of Representatives Committees
House Standing Committee on Agriculture, Resources, Fisheries and Forestry
Competition and Consumer Amendment (Horticultural Code of Conduct) Bill 2011 and Constitutional Corporations (Farm Gate to Plate) Bill 2011
On 22 September 2011 the House of Representatives Selection Committee asked the Committee to inquire into and report on:
The Committee invites submissions to the inquiry into these Bills. The terms of reference are the text of the Bills, however the inquiry will focus on whether the Bills are likely to achieve their objectives, and in particular:
- the practicalities of implementing the Bills’ provisions, for both practitioners and regulators, taking into account the whole supply-chain;
- the cost of implementation;
- domestic and international linkages;
- the interaction of and any potential issues between related Federal, State and Territory laws in this area; and
- possible amendments to the Bills, or other alternative measures, to achieve the objectives of the Bills.
The Committee invites interested persons and organisations to make submissions addressing the Bills, and the focus areas outlined above, by Friday 16 December 2011
The Committee encourages submissions to its inquiry from a wide range of individuals and organisations. While we prefer submissions lodged in an original, electronic format, we do not want to exclude contributors who do not have access to computing facilities. Therefore, we will accept submissions in a range of formats which may include typewritten and handwritten documents.
Submissions to this inquiry are listed below in Portable Document Format (PDF). If an alternative format (ie, hard copy or large print) is required, please contact the Committee Secretariat. More submissions will be added to the list when they are received and authorised for publication.
For more information on submissions, please refer to our brochure on preparing a submission.
To view or print the submissions, you will need Adobe Acrobat® PDF Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe.®
Back to top