House Standing Committee on Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
In hosting this conference, the Committee was seeking to begin ongoing engagement with the Australian community as part of its new inquiry into smart infrastructure.
The Conference focused on ways to maximise the potential benefits to Australian communities of embedding smart technology into Australia's infrastructure, with particular attention given to:
- using smart technology to increase the productivity of existing infrastructure;
- community uses for smart infrastructure: now and into the future;
- smart infrastructure's role in reducing green house gas emissions;
- opportunities for and benefits of new investment in smart infrastructure; and
- maximising smart infrastructure opportunities through government project selection processes.
Back to top