94 Form of previous question
(1) The previous question shall be put in the form—That this question be not now put.
(2) The previous question cannot be moved to an amendment, nor in committee, nor can an amendment be moved to it.
(3) The previous question temporarily supersedes the original question and any amendment, but in debating it the original question and any amendment may be debated.
95 Determination of previous question
(1) If the Senate resolves the previous question in the affirmative, thereby resolving that the original question be not now put, the original question and any amendment before the Senate are thereby disposed of, and the Senate shall proceed to the next business.
(2) If the Senate resolves the previous question in the negative, thereby resolving that the original question before the Senate be now put, the question and any amendment shall be put forthwith, without debate.
(3) When the previous question is moved on any question consisting of a series of motions which are under discussion as one motion, with the understanding that the questions be put on the motions separately, the decision of the previous question, before the question on the first of the motions is put, shall be taken to be conclusive in respect of all of the motions.