MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Brian Burston (United Australia Party Whip)
Senator Stirling Griff (Centre Alliance Whip)
Senator Peter Georgiou (Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Whip)
Senator Derryn Hinch (Derryn Hinch’s Justice Party Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Anne Urquhart (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Chris Ketter
Senator Dean Smith
Senator Tim Storer
Secretary: Rachel Callinan
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 13 OF 2018
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at 7.12 pm.
- The committee recommends that—
- the provisions of the Migration Amendment (Strengthening the Character Test) Bill 2018 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 18 January 2019 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee recommends that the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Discrimination Free Schools Bill 2018
- Fair Work Amendment (Restoring Penalty Rates) Bill 2018 [No. 2]
- National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation Amendment Bill 2018.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Legislation Amendment (Streamlining Regulation) Bill 2018
- Australian Research Council Amendment (Ensuring Research Independence) Bill 2018
- Customs Amendment (Peru-Australia Free Trade Agreement Implementation) Bill 2018
- Customs Tariff Amendment (Peru-Australia Free Trade Agreement Implementation) Bill 2018
- Parliamentary Joint Committee on the Australia Fund Bill 2018
- Social Services Legislation Amendment (Ending the Poverty Trap) Bill 2018
- Treasury Laws Amendment (Strengthening Corporate and Financial Sector Penalties) Bill 2018.
15 November 2018