MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Brian Burston (United Australia Party Whip)
Senator Stirling Griff (Centre Alliance Whip)
Senator Peter Georgiou (Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Whip)
Senator Derryn Hinch (Derryn Hinch’s Justice Party Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Anne Urquhart (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Chris Ketter
Senator Dean Smith
Senator Tim Storer
Secretary: Rachel Callinan
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 10 OF 2018
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 7.20 pm.
- The committee recommends that—
- the provisions of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Bill 2018 and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2018 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 October 2018 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- contingent upon introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the Fair Work Amendment (Family and Domestic Violence Leave) Bill 2018 be referred immediately to the Education and Employment Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 October 2018 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee recommends that the following bill not be referred to committees:
The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Veterans’ Entitlements Amendment Bill 2018.
- Commonwealth Places and Services (Facial Recognition) Bill 2018
- Crimes Legislation Amendment (Police Powers at Airports) Bill 2018
- Shipping Registration Amendment Bill 2018
- Social Services Legislation Amendment (Ending the Poverty Trap) Bill 2018
- Treasury Laws Amendment (Supporting Australian Farmers) Bill 2018.
13 September 2018