MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne Urquhart (Opposition Whip)
Senator Brian Burston (Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Whip)
Senator Derryn Hinch (Derryn Hinch’s Justice Party Whip)
Senator Skye Kakoschke-Moore (Nick Xenophon Team Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator David Fawcett
Senator Katy Gallagher
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 9 OF 2016
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 7.26 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation Amendment (Support for Commonwealth Entities) Bill 2016 be referred immediately to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 7 February 2017 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation Authority Amendment (New Governance Arrangements) Bill 2016
- Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Amendment Bill 2016
- Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Levy Bill 2016
- Racial Discrimination Law Amendment (Free Speech) Bill 2016
- Social Services Legislation Amendment (Family Assistance Alignment and Other Measures) Bill 2016.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bill but was unable to reach agreement:
The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2016
- Corporations Amendment (Crowd-sourced Funding) Bill 2016
- Corporations Amendment (Professional Standards of Financial Advisers) Bill 2016
- Crimes Legislation Amendment (International Crime Cooperation and Other Measures) Bill 2016
- End Cruel Cosmetics Bill 2014
- National Health Amendment (Pharmaceutical Benefits) Bill 2016
- National Integrity Commission Bill 2013
- Racial Discrimination Amendment Bill 2016
- Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Legislation Amendment (Defence Force) Bill 2016
- Telecommunications and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2016
- Veterans' Affairs Legislation Amendment (Digital Readiness and Other Measures) Bill 2016.
24 November 2016