Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 15 for 2015
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 15 OF 2015
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 7.11 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the Interactive Gambling Amendment (Sports Betting Reform) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 May 2016 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Omnibus Repeal Day (Spring 2015) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 3 February 2016 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Amending Acts 1990 to 1999 Repeal Bill 2015
- Export Control Amendment (Quotas) Bill 2015
- Statute Law Revision Bill (No. 3) 2015
- Tax Laws Amendment (Gifts) Bill 2015
- Treasury Legislation Amendment (Repeal Day 2015) Bill 2015.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Aged Care Amendment (Red Tape Reduction in Places Management) Bill 2015
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies Amendment Bill 2015
- Automotive Transformation Scheme Amendment (Securing the Automotive Component Industry) Bill 2015
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Australian Country of Origin Food Labelling) Bill 2015
- Corporations Amendment (Publish What You Pay) Bill 2014
- Crimes Legislation Amendment (Proceeds of Crime and Other Measures) Bill 2015
- Family Law Amendment (Financial Agreements and Other Measures) Bill 2015
- Labor Budget Savings Bill 2015
- Migration Amendment (Free the Children) Bill 2015
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Caring for Single Parents) Bill 2014
- Veterans’ Entitlements Amendment (Expanded Gold Card Access) Bill 2015.
26 November 2015