Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 11 for 2015
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 11 OF 2015
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 7.12 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- contingent upon its introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the Social Services Legislation Amendment (More Generous Means Testing for Youth Payments) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 November 2015 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (Better Targeting the Income Tax Transparency Laws) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 October 2015 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Aged Care Amendment (Independent Complaints Arrangements) Bill 2015
- Australian Centre for Social Cohesion Bill 2015
- Banking Laws Amendment (Unclaimed Money) Bill 2015
- Fair Work Amendment (Penalty Rates Exemption for Small Businesses) Bill 2015
- Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Amendment (Inter-State Voyages) Bill 2015
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2015 Measures No. 4) Bill 2015.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Australian Immunisation Register Bill 2015
- Australian Immunisation Register (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2015
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Australian Country of Origin Food Labelling) Bill 2015
- Corporations Amendment (Publish What You Pay) Bill 2014
- Maritime Legislation Amendment Bill 2015
- Marriage Equality Plebiscite Bill 2015
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Caring for Single Parents) Bill 2014
- Social Security Legislation Amendment (Further Strengthening Job Seeker Compliance) Bill 2015.
10 September 2015