Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 10 for 2015
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 10 OF 2015
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 19 August 2015 at 7.16 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 15 September 2015 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the Motor Vehicle Standards (Cheaper Transport) Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 28 October 2015 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- contingent upon their introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Legislation Amendment Bill 2015, the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Fees Imposition Bill 2015 and the Register of Foreign Ownership of Agricultural Land Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 October 2015 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Social Security Legislation Amendment (Debit Card Trial) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 October 2015 (see appendices 4, 5 and 6 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Parliamentary Expenses Amendment (Transparency and Accountability) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by the 1st sitting week February 2016 (see appendix 7 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Primary Television Broadcasting Service) Bill 2015
- Civil Law and Justice (Omnibus Amendments) Bill 2015.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bill but was unable to reach agreement:
The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Standing) Bill 2015.
- Aged Care Amendment (Independent Complaints Arrangements) Bill 2015
- Australian Centre for Social Cohesion Bill 2015
- Banking Laws Amendment (Unclaimed Money) Bill 2015
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Australian Country of Origin Food Labelling) Bill 2015
- Corporations Amendment (Publish What You Pay) Bill 2014
- Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Amendment (Inter-State Voyages) Bill 2015
- Marriage Equality Plebiscite Bill 2015
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Caring for Single Parents) Bill 2014
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (Better Targeting the Income Tax Transparency Laws) Bill 2015
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2015 Measures No. 4) Bill 2015.
20 August 2015
Attachment is available in the PDF version of this document | attachment |