Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 9 for 2015
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 9 OF 2015
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 at 7.16 pm.
- The Treasury Legislation Amendment (Small Business and Unfair Contract Terms) Bill 2015 was considered at meeting 8 of 2015 on Wednesday, 24 June 2015 and not referred. This bill was reconsidered and the committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Treasury Legislation Amendment (Small Business and Unfair Contract Terms) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 14 September 2015 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Amendment Bill 2015
- Acts and Instruments (Framework Reform) (Consequential Provisions) Bill 2015
- Australian Defence Force Superannuation Bill 2015
- Australian Defence Force Cover Bill 2015
Defence Legislation Amendment (Superannuation and ADF Cover) Bill 2015
- Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security Amendment Bill 2015
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2015 Measures No. 2) Bill 2015
- Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (2015 Budget Measures) Bill 2015.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Aged Care Amendment (Independent Complaints Arrangements) Bill 2015
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank Bill 2015
- Australian Centre for Social Cohesion Bill 2015
- Banking Laws Amendment (Unclaimed Money) Bill 2015
- Civil Law and Justice (Omnibus Amendments) Bill 2015
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Australian Country of Origin Food Labelling) Bill 2015
- Corporations Amendment (Publish What You Pay) Bill 2014
- Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Amendment (Inter-State Voyages) Bill 2015
- Motor Vehicle Standards (Cheaper Transport) Bill 2014
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Caring for Single Parents) Bill 2014.
13 August 2015