Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 3 for 2015
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 3 OF 2015
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 7.14pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Omnibus Repeal Day (Autumn 2015) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 15 June 2015 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Legislation Amendment (Exit Arrangements) Bill 2015 be referred immediately to the Education and Employment Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 8 May 2015 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bill but was unable to reach agreement:
- Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Amendment (Data Retention) Bill 2014
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
19 March 2015