Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 15 for 2014
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 15 of 2014
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 26 November 2014 at 7.35 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Corporations Legislation Amendment (Deregulatory and Other Measures) Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 11 February 2015 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation Amendment (Direct Lending and Other Measures) Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 11 February 2015 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- contingent upon introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the Biosecurity Bill 2014, the Biosecurity (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2014, the Quarantine Charges (Imposition—Customs) Amendment Bill 2014, the Quarantine Charges (Imposition—Excise) Amendment Bill 2014 and the Quarantine Charges (Imposition—General) Amendment Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 17 March 2015 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian War Memorial Amendment Bill 2014
- Freedom to Marry Bill 2014
- Save Our Sharks Bill 2014
- Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Amendment (Data Retention) Bill 2014
- Treasury Legislation Amendment (Repeal Day) Bill 2014.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- ACT Government Loan Bill 2014
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation Amendment (Local Content) Bill 2014
- Civil Law and Justice Legislation Amendment Bill 2014
- Corporations Amendment (Publish What You Pay) Bill 2014
- Fair Work Amendment (Bargaining Processes) Bill 2014
- Federal Courts Legislation Amendment Bill 2014
- Mining Subsidies Legislation Amendment (Raising Revenue) Bill 2014
- Motor Vehicle Standards (Cheaper Transport) Bill 2014
- Parliamentary Service Amendment Bill 2014
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Caring for Single Parents) Bill 2014.
27 November 2014