Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 13 for 2014
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 13 of 2014
1. The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 7.16 pm.
2. The committee resolved to recommend—That—
(a) contingent upon its introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the Parliamentary Entitlements Legislation Amendment Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 November 2014 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
(b) the provisions of the Social Security Legislation Amendment (Strengthening the Job Seeker Compliance Framework) Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Education and Employment Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 November 2014 (see appendices 2 and 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
3. The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Education Amendment Bill 2014
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre Supervisory Cost Recovery Levy Amendment Bill 2014
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre Supervisory Cost Recovery Levy (Collection) Amendment Bill 2014
- Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Amendment Bill 2014
- Migration Amendment (Humanitarian Visa Intake) Bill 2014
- Racial Discrimination Amendment Bill 2014.
The committee recommends accordingly.
4. The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation (Abolition) Bill 2014
- Freedom of Information Amendment (New Arrangements) Bill 2014
- Mining Subsidies Legislation Amendment (Raising Revenue) Bill 2014
- Motor Vehicle Standards (Cheaper Transport) Bill 2014
- Save Our Sharks Bill 2014.
2 October 2014