Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 10 for 2014
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 10 OF 2014
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 27 August 2014 at 7.19 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Amendment Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 27 October 2014 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Customs Amendment Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 30 September 2014 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Guardian for Unaccompanied Children Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 5 February 2015 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Industry Code Penalties) Bill 2014
- International Tax Agreements Amendment Bill 2014
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Amendment Bill 2014
- Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Student Measures) Bill 2014
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2014 Measures No. 4) Bill 2014.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Land Transport Infrastructure Amendment (Continuing Roads to Recovery) Bill 2014
- Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Amendment Bill 2014
- Mining Subsidies Legislation Amendment (Raising Revenue) Bill 2014
- Motor Vehicle Standards (Cheaper Transport) Bill 2014
- Save Our Sharks Bill 2014.
28 August 2014