Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 9 for 2014
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator David Bushby (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Barry O’Sullivan (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Dio Wang (Palmer United Party Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Senator Anne Ruston
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 9 OF 2014
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 at 7.25 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- contingent upon its introduction in the House of Representatives, the provisions of the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Psychoactive Substances and Other Measures) Bill 2014 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 2 September 2014 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bill but was unable to reach agreement:
- National Security Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2014.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Amendment Bill 2014
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Industry Code Penalties) Bill 2014
- Customs Amendment Bill 2014
- Guardian for Unaccompanied Children Bill 2014
- International Tax Agreements Amendment Bill 2014
- Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Amendment Bill 2014
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Amendment Bill 2014
- Motor Vehicle Standards (Cheaper Transport) Bill 2014
- Save Our Sharks Bill 2014
- Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Student Measures) Bill 2014
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2014 Measures No. 4) Bill 2014.
17 July 2014