Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 10 for 2013
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Helen Kroger (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Anne McEwen (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bridget McKenzie (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Catryna Bilyk
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield
Senator Claire Moore
Secretary: Chris Reid
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 10 OF 2013
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 4 December 2013 at 7.19 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Tax Laws Amendment (Research and Development) Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 17 March 2014 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Infrastructure Australia Amendment Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 17 March 2014 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Migration Amendment (Regaining Control Over Australia’s Protection Obligations) Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 3 March 2014 (see appendices 3 and 4 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the following bills but was unable to reach agreement:
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
4 December 2013
Attachment is available in the PDF version of this document | attachment |