Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 7 for 2013
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 7 OF 2013
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 at 7.18 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the Telecommunications Amendment (Get a Warrant) Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 31 October 2013 (see appendix for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Rural Research and Development Legislation Amendment Bill 2013
Primary Industries (Excise) Levies Amendment Bill 2013
Primary Industries (Customs) Charges Amendment Bill 2013
- Sugar Research and Development Services (Consequential Amendments-Excise) Bill 2013
- Tax Laws Amendment (Fairer Taxation of Excess Concessional Contributions) Bill 2013
Superannuation (Excess Concessional Contributions Charge) Bill 2013.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Competition and Consumer Amendment (Australian Country of Origin Food Labelling) Bill 2013
- Interactive Gambling Amendment (Virtual Credits) Bill 2013
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Caring for Single Parents) Bill 2013
- Social Security Legislation Amendment (Caring for People on Newstart) Bill 2013.
20 June 2013