Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 2 for 2013
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 2 OF 2013
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 at 7.20 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the Criminal Code Amendment (Misrepresentation of Age to a Minor) Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 27 June 2013 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Family Assistance and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee, and the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 18 March 2013 (see appendices 2 and 3 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Small Business Commissioner Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 15 May 2013 (see appendix 4 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Capital Territory (Self-Government) Amendment Bill 2013
- Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Digital Dividend) Bill 2013
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Prohibition of Live Imports of Primates for Research) Bill 2012
- Export Finance and Insurance Corporation Amendment (Finance) Bill 2013
- Export Market Development Grants Amendment Bill 2013
- Higher Education Support Amendment (Asian Century) Bill 2013
- Higher Education Support Amendment (Further Streamlining and Other Measures) Bill 2013
- Marriage Equality Amendment Bill 2013
- Royal Commissions Amendment Bill 2013
- Superannuation Legislation Amendment (Reform of Self Managed Superannuation Funds Supervisory Levy Arrangements) Bill 2013
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2013 Measures No. 1) Bill 2013
- Tax Laws Amendment (Countering Tax Avoidance and Multinational Profit Shifting) Bill 2013.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the Social Security Legislation Amendment (Caring for People on Newstart) Bill 2013 to its next meeting.
28 February 2013