Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 1 for 2013
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 1 OF 2013
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 7.16 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Amendment Bill 2013 be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 March 2013 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Completion of Kakadu National Park (Koongarra Project Area Repeal) Bill 2013
- Customs Amendment (Anti-Dumping Commission) Bill 2013
- Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Amendment Bill 2013.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Prohibition of Live Imports of Primates for Research) Bill 2012.
7 February 2013