Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 14 of 2011
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 14 OF 2011
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 12 October 2011 at 7.33 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency Bill 2011 and the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 7 November 2011 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Education Services for Overseas Students Legislation Amendment (Tuition Protection Service and Other Measures) Bill 2011, the Education Services for Overseas Students (TPS Levies) Bill 2011 and the Education Services for Overseas Students (Registration Charges) Amendment (Tuition Protection Service) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 1 December 2011 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Auditor-General Amendment Bill 2011
- Coal Mining Industry (Long Service Leave) Legislation Amendment Bill 2011
- Higher Education Support Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2011
- Maritime Legislation Amendment Bill 2011
- Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Amendment (Significant Incident Directions) Bill 2011
- Social Security Amendment (Student Income Support Reforms) Bill 2011
- Social Security Legislation Amendment (Family Participation Measures) Bill 2011
- Tax Laws Amendment (2011 Measures No. 7) Bill 2011
- Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (Participants in British Nuclear Tests) Bill 2011.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Amendment (Online Games) Bill 2011
- Personal Property Securities Amendment (Registration Commencement) Bill 2011
- Telecommunications Amendment (Mobile Phone Towers) Bill 2011.
13 October 2011