Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 11 of 2011
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 11 OF 2011
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 24 August 2011 at 7.21 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the National Health Reform Amendment (Independent Hospital Pricing Authority) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 15 September 2011 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Business Names Registration (Fees) Bill 2011
- Business Names Registration (Transitional and Consequential Provisions) Bill 2011
- Business Names Registration Bill 2011
- Defence Legislation Amendment Bill 2011
- Indigenous Affairs Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2011
- National Residue Survey (Excise) Levy Amendment (Deer) Bill 2011
- Responsible Takeaway Alcohol Hours Bill 2010.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Corporations (Fees) Amendment Bill 2011
- Landholders’ Right to Refuse (Coal Seam Gas) Bill 2011
- Migration Amendment (Declared Countries) Bill (No. 2) 2011
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Amendment Bill 2011
- Parliamentary Service Amendment (Parliamentary Budget Officer) Bill 2011.
25 August 2011