Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 8 of 2011
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 8 OF 2011
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 22 June 2011 at 7.26 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the order of the Senate of 12 May 2011 adopting the committee’s 5th report of 2011 be varied to provide that the Crimes Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2011 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 23 August 2011; and
- the Live Animal Export (Slaughter) Prohibition Bill 2011 and the Live Animal Export Restriction and Prohibition Bill 2011 [No. 2] be referred immediately to the Rural Affairs and Transport References Committee for inquiry and report by 16 August 2011 (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Carbon Tax Plebiscite Bill 2011
- Commonwealth Electoral Amendment (Tobacco Industry Donations) Bill 2011
- Competition and Consumer Legislation Amendment Bill 2011
- Customs Amendment (New Zealand Rules of Origin) Bill 2011.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Consumer Credit Protection Amendment (Fees) Bill 2011
- Cybercrime Legislation Amendment Bill 2011
- Government Advertising (Accountability) Bill 2011
- Intellectual Property Laws Amendment (Raising the Bar) Bill 2011
- Interactive Gambling and Broadcasting Amendment (Online Transactions and Other Measures) Bill 2011
- Migration Amendment (Declared Countries) Bill 2011
- Public Service Amendment (Payments in Special Circumstances) Bill 2011
- Responsible Takeaway Alcohol Hours Bill 2010
- Schools Assistance Amendment Bill 2011
- Tax Laws Amendment (2011 Measures No. 6) Bill 2011.
23 June 2011