Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 6 of 2011
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 6 OF 2011
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 12 May 2011 at 3.23 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre Supervisory Cost Recovery Levy Bill 2011, the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre Supervisory Cost Recovery Levy (Collection) Bill 2011 and the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre Supervisory Cost Recovery Levy (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 16 June 2011 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Acts Interpretation Amendment Bill 2011
- Customs Tariff Amendment (Taxation of Alternative Fuels) Bill 2011
- Energy Grants (Cleaner Fuels) Scheme Amendment Bill 2011
- Excise Tariff Amendment (Taxation of Alternative Fuels) Bill 2011
- Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Other Legislation Amendment (Further Election Commitments and Other Measures) Bill 2011
- Military Justice (Interim Measures) Amendment Bill 2011
- Public Service Amendment (Payments in Special Circumstances) Bill 2011
- Responsible Takeaway Alcohol Hours Bill 2010
- Tax Laws Amendment (2011 Measures No. 3) Bill 2011
- Tax Laws Amendment (Medicare Levy and Medicare Levy Surcharge) Bill 2011
- Taxation of Alternative Fuels Legislation Amendment Bill 2011.
12 May 2011