Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 12 for 2010
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 12 OF 2010
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 26 October 2010 at 4.29 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the Food Standards Amendment (Truth in Labelling—Palm Oil) Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by the fourth sitting day in 2011 (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Banking Amendment (Delivering Essential Financial Services) Bill 2010
- Commonwealth Electoral Amendment (Political Donations and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Health Insurance Amendment (Pathology Requests) Bill 2010
- Higher Education Legislation Amendment (Student Services and Amenities) Bill 2010
- Higher Education Support Amendment (2010 Budget Measures) Bill 2010
- Higher Education Support Amendment (FEE-HELP Loan Fee) Bill 2010
- Marriage Equality Amendment Bill 2010
- National Radioactive Waste Management Bill 2010
- Poker Machine (Reduced Losses—Interim Measures) Bill 2010
- Restoring Territory Rights (Voluntary Euthanasia Legislation) Bill 2010
- Social Security Legislation Amendment (Connecting People with Jobs) Bill 2010
- Telecommunications Legislation Amendment (Competition and Consumer Safeguards) Bill 2010
- Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (Weekly Payments) Bill 2010.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered the Water (Crisis Powers and Floodwater Diversion) Bill 2010 and noted that the Senate had agreed to refer the bill to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee for inquiry and report.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Other Legislation Amendment (Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Responsible Takeaway Alcohol Hours Bill 2010.
27 October 2010