Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 17 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 17 OF 2009
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 18 November 2009 at 7.18 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the Poker Machine (Reduced Losses—Interim Measures) Bill 2009 and the Protecting Problem Gamblers Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 18 March 2010 (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Trade Practices Amendment (Infrastructure Access) Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 March 2010 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- ACIS Administration Amendment (Application) Bill 2009
- Appropriation (Water Entitlements and Home Insulation) Bill 2009-2010
- Appropriation (Water Entitlements) Bill 2009-2010
- Australian Centre for Renewable Energy Bill 2009
- Aviation Transport Security Amendment (2009 Measures No. 2) Bill 2009
- Coal Mining Industry (Long Service Leave Funding) Amendment Bill 2009
- National Broadcasting Legislation Amendment Bill 2009.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Britt Lapthorne Bill 2009
- Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Other Legislation Amendment (Restoration of Racial Discrimination Act) Bill 2009
- Keeping Jobs from Going Offshore (Protection of Personal Information) Bill 2009
- Plain Tobacco Packaging (Removing Branding from Cigarette Packs) Bill 2009.
19 November 2009