Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 15 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 15 OF 2009
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 17 September 2009 at 12.01 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the Safe Climate (Energy Efficient Non-Residential Buildings Scheme) Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 10 March 2010 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Health Insurance Amendment (Compliance) Bill 2009
- Private Health Insurance Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2009
- Renewable Energy (Certificates and Other Matters) Amendment Bill 2009
- Renewable Energy (Food Processing Activities) Amendment Bill 2009
- Social Security Amendment (National Green Jobs Corps Supplement) Bill 2009.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Plain Tobacco Packaging (Removing Branding from Cigarette Packs) Bill 2009
- Britt Lapthorne Bill 2009.
17 September 2009