Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 12 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 12 OF 2009
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 19 August 2009 at 7.16 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the order of the Senate of 18 September 2008 adopting the committee's 11th report of 2008 be varied to provide that the Defence Amendment (Parliamentary Approval of Overseas Service) Bill 2008 [No. 2] be referred immediately to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 19 November 2009 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Education Services for Overseas Students Amendment (Re-registration of Providers and Other Measures) Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 16 October 2009 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Asian Development Bank (Additional Subscription) Bill 2009
- Foreign States Immunities Amendment Bill 2009
- Telecommunications Legislation Amendment (National Broadband Network Measures—Network Information) Bill 2009
- Veterans' Affairs and Other Legislation Amendment (Pension Reform) Bill 2009.
The committee recommends accordingly.
20 August 2009