Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 11 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 11 OF 2009
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 11 August 2009 at 7.09 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the Banking Amendment (Keeping Banks Accountable) Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 November 2009 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Trade Practices Amendment (Guaranteed Lowest Prices—Blacktown Amendment) Bill 2009 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 November 2009 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Aviation Transport Security Amendment (2009 Measures No. 1) Bill 2009
- National Health Security Amendment Bill 2009.
The committee recommends accordingly.
12 August 2009