Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 3 for 2009
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O’Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Helen Coonan
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 3 OF 2009
1. The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 17 March 2009 at 4.28 pm.
2. The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- AusCheck Amendment Bill 2009
- Australian Business Investment Partnership Bill 2009
- Australian Business Investment Partnership (Consequential Amendment) Bill 2009
- Commonwealth Electoral Amendment (Political Donations and Other Measures) Bill 2009
- Customs Legislation Amendment (Name Change) Bill 2009
- Resale Royalty Right for Visual Artists Bill 2008
- Social Security Amendment (Liquid Assets Waiting Period) Bill 2009.
The committee recommends accordingly.
3. The committee deferred consideration of the Food Safety (Trans Fats) Bill 2009 to its next meeting.
18 March 2009