Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 16 for 2008
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Acting Government Whip, Acting Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator the Hon. Helen Coonan
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
(02) 6277 3020
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 26 November 2008 at 10.30 am.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
(a) the Freedom of Information (Removal of Conclusive Certificates and Other Measures) Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Committee for inquiry and report by 10 March 2009 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
(b) the provisions of the Tax Agent Services Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Economics Committee for inquiry and report by 12 February 2009 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral) .
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Other Legislation Amendment (Miscellaneous Measures) Bill 2008
- Tax Laws Amendment (Luxury Car Tax—Minor Amendments) Bill 2008.
The committee recommends accordingly.
4. The committee considered a proposal to refer the Guarantee Scheme for Large Deposits and Wholesale Funding Appropriation Bill 2008 to the Economics Committee, but was unable to reach agreement on whether the bill should be referred (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
26 November 2008