Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 11 for 2008
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Acting Government Whip, Acting Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator the Hon. Chris Ellison
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 11 OF 2008
1. The committee met in private session on Thursday, 18 September 2008 at 12.40 pm.
2. The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Other Legislation Amendment (Further 2008 Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 10 November 2008 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
3. The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Defence Amendment (Parliamentary Approval of Overseas Service) Bill 2008 [No. 2]
- Emergency Assistance Fund for the Lower Lakes and Coorong Region of South Australia Bill 2008 [No. 2]
- International Tax Agreements Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2008
- Plastic Bag Levy (Assessment and Collection) Bill 2002 
- Restoring Territory Rights (Voluntary Euthanasia Legislation) Bill 2008.
The committee recommends accordingly.
4. The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Archives Amendment Bill 2008
- Australian Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation Authority Bill 2008
- Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Digital Radio) Bill 2008
- Financial Transaction Reports Amendment (Transitional Arrangements) Bill 2008.
18 September 2008
Attachment is available in the PDF version of this document | attachment |