Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 10 for 2008
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O’Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator the Hon. Chris Ellison
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 10 OF 2008
1. Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 1.30 pm.
2. The committee resolved to recommend—That—
(a) the ATMs and Cash Facilities in Licensed Venues Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 10 November 2008 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
(b) the Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising (Broadcasting Amendment) Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 25 November 2008 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
(c) the provisions of the Same-Sex Relationships (Equal Treatment in Commonwealth Laws—General Law Reform) Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee for inquiry and report by 30 September 2008.
3. The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Research Council Amendment Bill 2008
- First Home Saver Account Providers Supervisory Levy Imposition Bill 2008
- First Home Saver Accounts (Further Provisions) Amendment Bill 2008
- Flags (Protection of Australian Flags) Amendment Bill 2008
- Safe Work Australia Bill 2008
- Safe Work Australia (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2008
- Migration Amendment (Notification Review) Bill 2008.
The committee recommends accordingly.
4. The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Emergency Assistance Fund for the Lower Lakes and Coorong Region of South Australia Bill 2008 [No. 2]
- Plastic Bag Levy (Assessment and Collection) Bill 2002 .
4 September 2008
Attachment is available in the PDF version of this document | attachment |