Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 8 for 2008
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O’Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator the Hon. Chris Ellison
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 8 OF 2008
1. The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 26 August 2008 at 4.16 pm.
2. The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Aviation Legislation Amendment (2008 Measures No. 1) Bill 2008
- Aviation Legislation Amendment (International Airline Licences and Carriers’ Liability Insurance) Bill 2008
- Financial Framework Legislation Amendment Bill 2008
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Amendment Bill 2008.
The committee recommends accordingly.
3. The committee deferred consideration of the Plastic Bag Levy (Assessment and Collection) Bill 2002  to its next meeting.
27 August 2008