Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 4 for 2008
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator the Hon. Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 4 OF 2008
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 13 May 2008 at 4.15 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Reserve Bank Amendment (Enhanced Independence) Bill 2008 be referred immediately to the Economics Committee for inquiry and report by 31 May 2008 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) (Improved Access to Baby Bonus) Amendment Bill 2008
- Australian Energy Market Amendment (Minor Amendments) Bill 2008
- Civil Aviation Legislation Amendment (1999 Montreal Convention and Other Measures) Bill 2008
- Customs Amendment (Strengthening Border Controls) Bill 2008
- Customs Legislation Amendment (Modernising) Bill 2008
- Export Market Development Grants Amendment Bill 2008
- Fisheries Legislation Amendment (New Governance Arrangements for the Australian Fisheries Management Authority and Other Matters) Bill 2008
- Freedom of Information Amendment (Open Government) Bill 2003 
- Health Insurance Amendment (90 Day Pay Doctor Cheque Scheme) Bill 2008
- Military Memorials of National Significance Bill 2008
- National Commissioner for Children Bill 2008
- Protection of the Sea (Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage) Bill 2008
- Protection of the Sea (Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage) (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2008
- Quarantine Amendment (National Health Security) Bill 2008
- Statute Law Revision Bill 2008
- Sydney Airport Demand Management Amendment Bill 2008
- Tax Laws Amendment (2008 Measures No. 1) Bill 2008
- Tax Laws Amendment (2008 Measures No. 2) Bill 2008
- Veterans' Affairs Legislation Amendment (International Agreements and Other Measures) Bill 2008.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the Trade Practices (Creeping Acquisitions) Amendment Bill 2007  to its next meeting.
14 May 2008