Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 15 for 2007
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Stephen Parry (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Whip)
Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Julian McGauran
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 15 OF 2007
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 11 September 2007 at 4.55 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Social Security Amendment (2007 Measures No. 2) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Employment, Workplace Relations and Education Committee for inquiry and report by 18 September 2007 (see appendix 1 for statements of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs Legislation Amendment (Child Disability Assistance) Bill 2007
- Sydney Harbour Federation Trust Amendment Bill 2007.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Privacy (Data Security Breach Notification) Amendment Bill 2007.
12 September 2007