Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 8 for 2007
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Stephen Parry (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Whip)
Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Julian McGauran
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 8 OF 2007
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 10 May 2007 at 11.03 am.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Communications Legislation Amendment (Content Services) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Committee for inquiry and report by 12 June 2007 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research Amendment Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee for inquiry and report by 12 June 2007 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Tax Laws Amendment (2007 Measures No. 3) Bill 2007 and the Tax Laws Amendment (Small Business) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Economics Committee for inquiry and report by 6 June 2007 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Repatriation of Citizens Bill 2007.
10 May 2007