Selection of Bills Committee - Report 9 for 2006
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Nigel Scullion (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Alan Eggleston
Senator the Hon Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
( 6277 3020
The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 6 September 2006 at 4.45 pm .
The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Higher Education Legislation Amendment (2006 Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Employment, Workplace Relations and Education Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 3 October 2006 (see appendices 1 and 2 for statements of reasons for referral) .
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Archives Amendment Bill 2006
- Education Services for Overseas Students Legislation Amendment (2006 Measures No. 2) Bill 2006
- Environment and Heritage Legislation Amendment (Antarctic Seals and Other Measures) Bill 2006
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Provisions Relating to Character and Conduct) Bill 2006
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Return to Procedural Fairness) Bill 2006
- National Cattle Disease Eradication Account Amendment Bill 2006
- Schools Assistance (Learning Together—Achievement Through Choice and Opportunity ) Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2006.
The committee recommends accordingly.
The committee deferred consideration of the following bill to its next meeting:
- Tax Laws Amendment (2006 Measures No. 5) Bill 2006.
7 September 2006
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.