Selection of Bills Committee - Report 5 for 2006
Members of the committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Nigel Scullion (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Alan Eggleston
Senator the Hon Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 13 June 2006 at 4.24 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That––
- the provisions of the Petroleum Resource Rent Tax Assessment Amendment Bill 2006 and Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (Instalment Transfer Interest Charge Imposition) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 21 June 2006 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral) ; and
- the provisions of the Tax Laws Amendment (2006 Measures No. 3) Bill 2006 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 21 June 2006 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australia-Japan Foundation (Repeal and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2006
- Defence Force (Home Loans Assistance) Amendment Bill 2006
- Energy Legislation Amendment Bill 2006
- Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Other Legislation (2006 Budget and Other Measures) Bill 2006
- Fisheries Legislation Amendment (Foreign Fishing Offences) Bill 2006
- Health Legislation Amendment (Private Health Insurance) Bill 2006
- New Business Tax System (Untainting Tax) Bill 2006
- Plant Health Australia (Plant Industries) Funding Amendment Bill 2006
- Royal Commissions Amendment Bill 2006
- Tax Laws Amendment (Medicare Levy and Medicare Levy Surcharge) Bill 2006
- Tax Laws Amendment (Personal Tax Reduction and Improved Depreciation Arrangements) Bill 2006
- Therapeutic Goods Amendment Bill (No. 3) 2006.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to the next meeting:
Bills deferred from meeting of 10 May 2006
- Intellectual Property Laws Amendment Bill 2006
- Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising Bill 2006.
Bills deferred from meeting of 13 June 2006
- Aboriginal Land Rights ( Northern Territory ) Amendment Bill 2006
- Education Services for Overseas Students Legislation Amendment (2006 Measures No. 1) Bill 2006.
14 June 2006
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.