Selection of Bills Committee - Report 2 for 2006
Members of the committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Nigel Scullion (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Alan Eggleston
Senator the Hon Chris Ellison
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 28 February 2006 at 4.26 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend-That-
- the provisions of the Family Assistance, Social Security and Veterans'
Affairs Legislation Amendment (2005 Budget and Other Measures) Bill
2006 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation
Committee for inquiry and report by 24 March 2006 (see appendix 1 for a
statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the OHS and SRC Legislation Amendment Bill 2005 he
referred immediately to the Employment, Workplace Relations and
Education Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 May 2006
(see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Telecommunications (Interception) Amendment Bill
2006 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Legislation
Committee for inquiry and report by 27 March 2006 (see appendices 3 and 4
for statements of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the following bills not be referred
The committee recommends accordingly.
- Bankruptcy Legislation Amendment (Fees and Charges) Bill 2006
- Cancer Australia Bill 2006
- Health Legislation Amendment (Pharmacy Location Arrangements) Bill
- Schools Assistance (Learning Together-Achievement Through Choice and
Opportunity) Amendment Bill 2006
- Tax Laws Amendment (2006 Measures No. 1) Bill 2006.
- The committee considered a request to reconsider the Transparent Advertising
and Notification of Pregnancy Counselling Services Bill 2005 and agreed to
consider the bill at its next meeting.
1 March 2006
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.