Selection of Bills Committee - Report 15 for 2005
Members of the Committee
Senator Eggleston (Government Whip, Acting Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator McGauran (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon C Ellison
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 7 December 2005 at 4.34 pm .
- The committee resolved to recommend—That––
- the provisions of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Bill 2005 and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 7 February 2006 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral) ;
- the Defence Legislation Amendment (Aid to Civilian Authorities) Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 7 February 2006 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral) ; and
- the provisions of the Future Fund Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 21 February 2006 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Defence (Road Transport Legislation Exemption) Bill 2005
- Statute Law Revision Bill (No. 2) 2005
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to the next meeting:
Bills deferred from meeting of 7 December 2005
- Bankruptcy Legislation Amendment (Anti-avoidance) Bill 2005
- Fisheries Legislation Amendment (Cooperative Fisheries Arrangements and Other Matt ers) Bill 2005
- Jurisdiction of Courts (Family Law) Bill 2005
- Jurisdiction of the Federal Magistrates Court Legislation Amendment Bill 2005
- OHS and SRC Legislation Amendment Bill 2005
- Tax Laws Amendment (2005 Measures No. 6) Bill 2005.
8 December 2005
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.