Selection of Bills Committee - Report 14 for 2005
Members of the Committee
Senator Eggleston (Government Whip, Acting Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator McGauran (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon C Ellison
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 29 November 2005 at 4.26 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Australian Citizenship Bill 2005 and the Australian Citizenship (Transitionals and Consequentials) Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 27 February 2006 (see appendix for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Anglo-Australian Telescope Agreement Amendment Bill 2005
- Tax Laws Amendment (Improvements to Self Assessment) Bill (No. 2) 2005.
The committee recommends accordingly.
30 November 2005
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.