Selection of Bills Committee - Report 13 for 2005
Members of the Committee
Senator Eggleston (Government Whip, Acting Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator McGauran (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon C Ellison
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 8 November 2005 at 4.20 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage Protection Amendment Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 8 February 2006 (see appendix 1 for statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee considered a proposal to refer the provisions of the Tax Laws Amendment (Superannuation Contributions Splitting) Bill 2005 to the Economics Legislation Committee, but was unable to reach agreement on whether the bill should be referred (see appendix 2 for statement of reasons for proposed referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Census Information Legislation Amendment Bill 2005
- Defence Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2005
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Amendment Bill 2005.
The committee recommends accordingly.
9 November 2005
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.