Selection of Bills Committee - Report 8 for 2005
Members of the Committee
Senator Jeannie Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Julian McGauran (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Alan Eggleston
Senator the Hon C Ellison
Senator Joseph Ludwig
Senator R Webber
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 16 August 2005 at 4.20 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Australian Workplace Safety Standards Bill 2005
- Customs Amendment (Extension of Import Cut-over Time) Bill 2005
- National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (Repeal, Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2005
- Superannuation Legislation Amendment (Superannuation Safety and Other Measures) Bill 2005
- Trade Practices Amendment (Personal Injuries and Death) Bill 2004.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Bill 2005 from the meeting of 9 August 2005 to the next meeting.
17 August 2005