The Joint Standing Committee on Trade and Investment Growth shall inquire into Australia’s trade and investment relationship with Indonesia. In conducting its inquiry, the Committee shall have particular regard to:
- Australia's existing trade and investment relationships with Indonesia
- barriers and impediments to trade and investment with Indonesia for Australian businesses, including examination of supply chain costs
- emerging and possible future trends
- opportunities for deepening existing commercial and cultural links, and developing new ones, with Indonesia
- the role of government in identifying new opportunities and assisting Australian companies to access existing and potential opportunities in Indonesia
- the contribution of diaspora communities to Australia’s relationships with Indonesia
- profit and payment repatriation structures for Australian businesses operating in Indonesia.