The Joint Standing Committee on the National Capital and External Territories willinquire and report into the adequacy of Australia’s infrastructure assets and capability in Antarctica with regard to:
- maintaining national interests;
- serving the scientific program into the future;
- international engagement, including collaboration and resource sharing with other countries;
- fostering economic opportunities consistent with the Antarctic Treaty System obligations; and
- environmental considerations.